Jonathan Guillen music + sound

from Los Angeles to Chicago

2012 did not bring Armageddon but many great projects; I did the sound design for two theater productions; They Are Dying Out at Trap Door Theatre and The Sandman at Oracle Theatre. I wrote original music to the film Trupiak and the play-turned-musical Elephant's GraveyardI also did the sound design for the short film Disorder that was premiered at the Chicago Horror Film Festival.

There was a great review of Los Angeles Electric 8's recent release, Interlocking Textures, featuring a piece I composed entitled The Fog. I am ecstatic to be on an album alongside Steve Reich, Toru Takemitsu, and Dmitri Shostakovich. Check out a video of the LA8 performing that piece on the video page.

There was also a recent interview with Frank J. Oteri about his microtonal suite, Imagined Overtures, which was featured on the previous LA8 album of the same name. I mixed and mastered that album and it was a joy to work with such great musicians and compositions.

It has been a fruitful year and I hope the following will be equally productive and imaginative.